Sunday, August 1, 2010

Adventure day

I had a lovely adventure day today. With my $15 in gas, I drove the 44 km up to Maligne Lake. It was a beautiful drive, exaggerated by tourists driving 30, but I didn't mind for once. I put Tiesto ft. Tegan and Sarah's Feel it in my Bones on my iPod, and listened to it a few too many times. Here's some photos!

This is Maligne Lake. Tons of tourists, and the pretty side is only accessible by boat. Someday I hope to find someone to rent a canoe with and go to the other side. And by someone I mean Josh, hopefully!

A boat heading back to the dock at Maligne Lake.

Medicine Lake. Much calmer, with less tourists. It was gorgeous! Apparently it's only a lake for a few months in the summer. The rest of the year it's just a bunch of tiny creeks flowing through. It has something to do with cliffs beneath the ground in the Maligne Canyon that get overfilled with water as the spring thaw happens, so it filld Medicine Lake. Very cool!

Me at Medicine Lake!

So that was my Sunday. It was lovely. I guess my Saturday was kind of eventful, but I think I put photos up yesterday. So far I love Jasper. I can't believe how beautiful it is so close to home. All of the trips I've done so far have been a half an hour drive max. I'm excited to keep exploring and see some stuff off the beaten path a bit.

Edit: I did not put up photos of Athabasca Falls. Here they are!

The falls. Very cool! On the right side of them you can stand far out over them and the spray comes up and soaks you. It felt good on such a hot day!


The water was full of silt, like the White River in the Yukon. I nearly bailed after taking this picture. I'm too clumsy.
Love,
Annalee.

No comments:

Post a Comment