Sunday, August 8, 2010

Can't believe

I've got a few more photos! It's been a few weeks, so I figure these are good to go. I think I'm getting better, because just looking at the shots I have that I can't post yet, I'm so excited about them! Here's a few from last week's paper, some stuff I'm really proud of!

A poppy with a little friend, in a garden on the Secret Garden Tour.

Some peonies at a stop on the garden tour.

Fred Eaglesmith and his band, made up of Tiffany and Britt Ginn of the Fabulous Ginn Sisters. They played Jasper a few weeks ago.

These next shots; Cameron had a story about Jasper during the long weekend. I was tasked to get a photo that illustrated how busy the Park was during the Heritage Day long weekend (which I did not get off, I should mention!!!) This is what I came up with.

Holy suitcases Batman! This shot was not technically difficult, but I had to dodge five billion tourists.

We ran a different version of this photo, but this one has level of insanity to it that I love.

I have tons more that are in the paper this week, can't wait to post them for everyone!! Our paper was great this week, I'm really proud of it, and this weekend should yield an exciting one for this coming Thursday as well! Tomorrow I get to go on an Ice Walk at the Columbia Glacier. I read the website. I'm in for either a three hour hike or six hour one. Hope I survive it!!! I'm bringing the Yashica and the Canon. We'll see what I come up with.

Today I battled with Nikon telephotos and the competition in Hinton, and I have to say my 55 mm Canon stock lens held its own. I'm really proud of what I got. I mean, I don't have the range of a telephoto, but I seem to constantly turn out something I'm proud of. The chance of me being able to afford a decent lens in the next year or so is completely non-existant, so I'm really happy to make due with what I have. So I can't shoot action 100 metres away, I can shoot it up close just fine, and I'm developing my photography skills with every frame I shoot.

I love my job. Can't believe I get paid for this!

Love,
Annalee.

No comments:

Post a Comment