Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sleep, hippies and an anniversary

I climbed inside of a gigantic salmon today to chill with some kids, after chasing around some bats, frogs and butterflies. The music was great. Folksie, acoustic and melodic. The smell of nag champa was sweet and almost burned into the wool each person had clamped around their body to keep out the cold. The rain however did not stay out of the wool, and some people created makeshift ponchos out of garbage bags. They were happy. A.k.a. I spent my day at the hippy-fest that is the Robson Valley Music Festival. I'll put some pictures up later on of the salmon. It was pretty rad.

As described, it was cold. I discovered I only left one mitten in my car after the Yukon Quest, when I last was in my car in weather cold enough for mittens. I guess I was premature in putting them away. I didn't know that while driving to Jasper you went through a time-warp that transfered me back into the Yukon.

Today is Josh and I's six month anniversary. I can't wait to get to six more, and then after that six more, and more and more.

Me and Josh in Whitehorse in February.

Us in Arches National Park in Juneish. Turns out underneath that beard was one hell of a catch.

Back to the nag champa, I really love the smell of it, but I just can't buy any incense that smells like it because I don't want people to get the wrong idea and think I'm a hippy. I also don't want Montana thinking I'm a hippy and setting up hippy traps (ie. sharp objects left on the floor pointy side up so that hippys, who don't wear shoes or socks, step on them) because I'm sure it hurts even with socks on.

I am nearly onto a peanut butter and jam diet. I do have dinner supplies, but all other meals are PBJs or grilled cheese, and I'm running out of cheese slices fast. This is going to be a slim couple weeks. Turns out I may have to work Labour Day so the little plan brewing in my brain to sneak home for the long weekend has been destroyed. Oh well. I can't afford it either and I need to go to Phoenix instead. I can't wait!

Anyway, it's 10:29 and I should be on my way to bed. Although this morning I had a lovely sleep. It's weird how my weekend sleeps differ from my weekday sleeps. On the weekend I sleep soundly, fall asleep right away and wake up naturally. During the week I toss and turn and can't fall asleep till well after 1 or 2 a.m. Then I wake up jolted by my alarm, overtired and pissed off. I guess because on the weekend I have nothing to wake up for. Or it's because 9 a.m. is a godawful early time to go to work for a person like me.

I'll continue with my napping regimen till I crack the code of my sleep habits.

Love,
Annalee.

No comments:

Post a Comment