Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wow

My hike was amazing today! I did eight kilometres, and I am so tired but proud to say I did it! I can't wait to do the Cavell Meadows and the Valley of the Five Lakes. The meadows is only 6 km, I really wanted to do that one, and now I know I can!

The guide, Peter was so great. He told me to come back and bring Josh when he comes up, for free!! I can't wait, I know Josh will love the hike, and this time he can see me do it for real. Here's a few pictures. I'm really exhausted. I'll write more about it tomorrow when I'm not falling asleep on my keyboard! I can't post too mny photos for now, since I'm hoping to have a few in the Fitzhugh. Such an amazing day. I love jasper so much!Me before the hike, all outfitted with the stuff they lent me and regretting my decision already!

A chunk of ice. It's so clear and has little air bubbles from thousands of years ago in it!

Andromeda Mountain with another glacier.

Me at the top! Alive! I did it!

Anyway, I'm exhausted. The cloud bed is made, my teeth are brushed and I'm in my pjs. Off I go!

Love,
Annalee.

No comments:

Post a Comment