Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Toyota

So I bought a Toyota after most of my family has switched from a GM preference, to the Japanese auto maker. That preference was most likely forced upon us by my father, who still has not realized that in normal vehicles, the windsheild wipers DO work, and bug juice is more than just a minor convienience - when the roads are mucky, it is a serious safety issue to not have it!

When looking for a car to buy, my dad tried to convince me to get a little Chevy car. I looked once, and not only were they more expensive than the car of my dreams, I knew I would be looking for a new vehicle about three years later once it fell apart.

I had wanted a Toyota Matrix since I rode in my aunt Barb's the first eyar they came out. I loved that car. It was so cool. When shopping the salesman tried to sell me a white coloured Yaris. When I sat in it I felt old, not 21 and happy to be driving. 

When we did my credit check and I got approved for my Matrix though, and finally got to sit in it, I felt perfect. I remember scooting out of the Toyota lot for the first time with a huge smile on my face. I felt cooler than everyone.


When the Toyota recall was announced I was not concerned. I knew that if my accelerator got stuck, I would just throw it in neutral, coast into the nearest Toyota dealership and make them fix it. I'd maybe yell a bit just to get a free detailing or oil change. It is a standard afterall, neutral shifts the car out of gear, so the gas does not make you go faster, but revs the engine. But did you know automatics have that option too? Are people retarded?

If you do not know how to stop a vehicle, in the event that the brakes don't work or the accelerator gets stuck, should you really be behind the wheel? All of these people joining the lawsuit against Toyota need to get a freaking clue. It did not put you in danger, if you have half a brain. It may have breifly inconvienienced you when you had to take your car in to fix the pedal (mine goes in Friday), but Toyota has done everything in their power to make it easier. 

I drop my car off Friday at 8:45, and they drive me straight to work. If I wasn't so lazy, I'm sure they would even come pick me up if i set up a time with them, but I will most likely walk. They are awfully friendly, and you get a ride in one of their vehicles that you did not buy. Last time they looked at my car, it was a brand new Tacoma. Very nice! It made me jealous that I could not afford one. They even have a variety of appropriate times to do the repairs. I called Tuesday, and got an appointment Friday. Pretty good, considering half of Whitehorse owns a Toyota. 

So for the people joining the lawsuit in an attempt to get their hand in the money bag that will come out, unless Toyota's high-powered corporate lawyers have anything to say about it, find something better to do with your time. If I were asked to join I would laugh in the face of the person who did the asking. 

I am not an idiot. I may be a young woman with three accidents on my record (don't tell my insurance company that, *wink wink), but in the event that my accelerator gets stuck, I know how to handle it smoothly and effectively, so I will not be in danger for one second. And, since I bought a beautiful 2010 Toyota Matrix, I'm gonna look effing cool while doing it.

Love,
Annalee.

No comments:

Post a Comment