Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I love my mountains, like I love my Josh

It has been such an incredible whirlwind since leaving and getting to Jasper. It is so beautiful here, and I've been so insanely busy. Not only with my job, but getting caught up with Josh. I haven't had constant internet in awhile, and getting to talk every night has been amazing.

My job is so much fun. I love it so much. I think I've found my little niche in the journalism world. I get to write as much as I want, and sneak out of the office to go on photo assignments. So far I've shot so much cool stuff, including a search and rescue training session. Today I typed up a little storm and turned out a 1,500 word feature on a horse farm I hung out at yesterday. It was the best work day ever. I know I say that a lot, but I keep having better days than the last one I thought was the best. I could have stretched that feature well past 1,500, but my editor encouraged me to contain myself, lol.

The newsroom is really new and everyone is really nice. I just can't believe how busy a town of 5,000 people is. I love it here so much. I miss Josh a lot though. There are so many cool adventurey things I want to do with him here. I can't wait till he can come and see Jasper.

I'm going to go on a Columbia Icefields Ice Walk this weekend I think. I'm excited! I made sure I was going to be able to do it before I signed up though, of course. I'm not exactly a hiker!

On an unrelated note, I'm really upset about the McCann disappearance, and I check the news and my work email for press releases constantly. I just want them to be found, alive, hopefully. I know that we are not supposed to jump to conclusions and assume that Travis Vader guy did something, but if he doesn know where they are and hasn't told the police, he doesn't deserve any rights. Anyone who preys on an elderly couple is just disgusting.

I don't pray, but with whatever good thoughts and will I have, I really do hope Lyle and Marie McCann are found safe, and get to return home to their children and grandchildren. They seem like the sweetest couple in the world.

Love,
Annalee.

No comments:

Post a Comment