Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hippo

I have become so damn good at living off the bare-minimum food that I need to survive. I now have money in my wallet but I can't bring myself to spend it even though my cupboard and the fridge is barren.

I have this ability now, to look into a shelf with two month old tace shells, soda crackers, pasta and some odd vegetables and come up with a meal that may not be delicious, but contains the proper amount of nutrients to keep myself alive. Sometimes its semi-delicious. Then there was my sheperd's pie experiment that was AWESOME. 

I have even given up cheese this month. I have a tiny chunk left (of the cheap stuff, I will add which is huge for me as it is!), that is just waiting to be used up. This is the longest I have gone without shopping I think. I can't remember the last time I went to Superstore other than to pick up a loaf of bread and some milk. 

This is all me trying to plan for Josh and my trip in May. I figure I should get used to eating less now while saving up for my plane ticket that I desperately need to purchase before the price goes up. The one that goes Las Vegas-Los Angeles-Calgary-Edmonton-Whitehorse. Jesus. All for a mere $475, I get to become violently ill from the brief jumps in and out of the air. Fantastic. 

Sarah brought me a macaroon from Baked. Yummy. I like those. But I really hate coconut, which is a problem if you like macaroons, since they are made out of coconut. I think my problem is that you can chew and chew anc chew on coconut but it never goes anywhere. It just breaks down and becomes chewier and there are simply more bits hanging around to chew on. It's a very frustrating thing to munch on. It's kind of like celery. I wonder if you burn calories eating cocnut, like you do when you eat celery. 

This is getting a bit rambly, so I will sign off. 

Love,
Annalee.

No comments:

Post a Comment