Thursday, November 4, 2010

Keep up

I wrote this on Monday night when the power went out.

Ah irony. You are a cruel mistress. I was just telling Josh about Jasper’s power outage issues, and I said, “there hasn’t been one in awhile,” and then BAM! Power goes out.

So with not enough light to read (like I would read anyway, we all know I hate reading), I thought I would catch up on my blog. Not that I can post it till the power is back on, but it gives me some time.

My feet are already cold, I would like to note. With all this candle light I feel I should have wine and some sort of suit-clad gentleman as entertainment, but alas, I am very much alone. At least I’m writing. It fits somehow.

I spent the weekend in Calgary and had a blast. The Fitz lent me a camera that turned out to be a ghost camera. Halfway through the evening, it deleted all my pictures. Being a photographer I got upset and had to be consoled. I angrily posted on my Facebook that I hoped they return, and alas, by morning they had crawled back to their spot on the memory card. When I said I hoped they would return I was angrily wishing, but apparently that’s all it took (I wish the power would go back on, it’s winter and my feet are cold!....Nope, nothing. I guess my luck has run out).

So in other camera news I left my Canon in Calgary. Ally shipped it to me on the overnight express with a ton of insurance, but I have no faith in it arriving here by lunchtime as it’s supposed to. Why does Canada Post promise things it can’t deliver??

I got distratced and started writing something else, so I will finish this now!

Surprise! Canada Post actually got my camera to me on time. Hooray! I honestly couldn't believe it. I nearly cheered.

I am constantly excited these days. Josh will be here in 43 days, and I am so freaking excited! Christmas is going to be really fun. Ally and I have decided to exchange Christmas prezzies this year. We have a limit, which is good for both of us. It will be a tiny Christmas, but a good one. Josh and I will be heading down to Kimberley on the 22nd hopefully, then we're going to decorate a Christmas tree. We didn't have one last year, besides my little tiny tinsel one I bought in Rez. Kimberley is so fun at Christmas, and I can't wait for Josh to be around for it. Eeeee!

Anyway. Sorry for not posting for awhile. I'm rediscovering how much I love writing just for fun this week. Try to keep up!

Love,
Annalee.

No comments:

Post a Comment