Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Heading to the nook

Sigh...I have an afternoon off. Being a workaholic, I always find myself having to do something, anything! To fill the time. So my day has been mapped out. I made an enchilada-like thingy for lunch. Put a deer roast in the slow cooker with mushroom soup, onion soup mix and assorted other ingredients (here, if you want to try it out. It's a great recipe for a deer roast, and it's stuff I usually have lying around the house). Now I'm sitting down to eat, and then I have many, many other plans.

Mostly, they all involve doing anything to avoid cleaning my room, but I just need to do it. I need my stretchy exercise pants cleaned so I can get back to the gym, so I guess I'll at least get that done. I want to make mint Nanaimo bars, and read in the nook on the deck that Jordan created while I was gone. Our comfy chair that I always say is like getting a hug is out on the side deck, along with a few flowers and my strawberry and raspberry plants. The sun is there most of the afternoon. It's a perfect spot.

My beloved strawberries in the nook, growing!

I have no more news, really. I wrote yesterday, but I'm determined to keep this blog going again this time. I'll post my progress on the bars, and maybe some photos and a recipe. Better get to the laundry! I was watching MASH, but they seem to have screwed up and played the same one twice. Stupid History channel.

Love,
Annalee.

No comments:

Post a Comment